We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Grand Plaza is a single-level regional shopping centre located approximately 22kms south of Brisbane's CBD. The centre is anchored by Target, Big W, Woolworths, Coles, Kmart, Aldi, as well as Event Cinemas and 129 specialty stores. Grand Plaza offers local residents and families a convenient fresh food and everyday shopping and entertainment experience.
We are currently looking for a passionate Guest Experience Manager to join the team on a full time basis (Tuesdays to Saturdays) who applies different approaches and innovative ways of thinking to lead the customer service team and manage the development and implementation of the Centre's Guest Experience Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Formulation and execution of the Centre's Guest Experience strategy
- Manage the customer service team and team rosters, providing desk relief as required
- Driving changes to team policies or processes through a collaborative approach (e.g. induction packs, internal admin policies and guest experience processes)
- Act as a central communication point and ensure the Customer Service Team is fully informed of centre activities
- Management of the customer service desk and running of the office
- Develop strong relationships with external bodies to help create partnerships and packages that offer joint benefit (e.g. local councils, community groups, hotels)
- Lead by example to foster a culture of customer service excellence within a small team
- Act as a central communication point and ensure the team are fully informed of centre activities
- Provide general assistance to the centre management team in the areas of administration, contractor management and marketing activities
Your ability to work autonomously while making quick and effective decisions without compromising the guest experience is critical to your success in this role. You will have experience in a customer service role and be confident in managing and leading a team of people. A collaborative approach to your work coupled with the ability to influence a range of stakeholders in a changing environment is a must.
To guarantee your success in this role you will be a true customer service professional with prior experience in the tourism or retail sector being highly regarded.
This is a full time, permanent role working Tuesdays to Saturdays. Additional support may be required during peak periods over weekends and/or public holidays.
At Vicinity, we are in the business of people. The people who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.