We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Vicinity Centres’ success is built on knowing the communities we serve and bringing them the experiences they want. To provide the experiences our consumers want, and to create the places where people love to connect, the National Leasing Team is tasked with delivering a compelling retail partner offering to each of our shopping centres across Australia.
Opportunity exists for a retail leasing expert to step into the role of Leasing Executive. In this role you will be responsible for identifying, negotiating and finalising leasing deals for new and existing projects within the portfolio whilst contributing, building and being an active and integral part of the National Leasing Team.
What does success look like?
- Completing lease negotiations on specific projects in accordance with the agreed Leasing Strategy.
- Ensuring leasing documentation and fit outs are completed in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring cash flow budget is maintained or improved for tenancies actively leased.
- Providing advice and strategic direction for the leasing operatives and by establishing and maintaining relationships with retailers and consultants.
- Prepare Leasing Strategies/Business Plans for redevelopments and Greenfield sites.
- Actively involved in the master planning process for new projects.
What will you bring?
- Retail leasing experience
- A real estate/values qualification
- A clear understanding of how to operate within the Retail Shop Lease Act
- Exceptional communication abilities including both intuitive and commercial negotiation and influencing capabilities, and the ability to conceptualise and market a vision
- An understanding of a customer centric model with focus on creating unique and relevant consumer experiences that ultimately deliver value to our retail partners
Vicinity knows that our shopping centres are the centrepiece of communities across Australia. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive the portfolio to further success, leading from the front.
Be part of the Vicinity future, creating places where people love to connect.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.