We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
On first impression, you may think Vicinity just owns and manages shopping centres. We do so much more and are investing in a new digital team to help us connect and interact with all our communities; implementing consumer–driven strategies across multiple horizons to help imbed the digital fabric of our organisation.
The success of Vicinity's digital strategy is first and foremost about understanding and partnering with our retailers to ensure they have the best possible experience through brand new technology.
The DevOps Engineer is a newly created role that will guarantee Vicinity's cloud operational environments work hand in glove with the systems and products, which are deployed to run on them. In this TRUE DevOps Engineer role you will be responsible for the design, build, testing, staging, production and operation of all environments our squads use to develop great systems.
What will success look like?
- Consistent delivery of high quality products and solutions
- Working with other team members: Architects, Technical Leads, Developers and Testers, to create technical solutions that are designing cloud-first, and code that will operate effectively using the services of our cloud providers
- Driving the practice of leading-edge techniques such as Lean, Agile, Automated Testing, DevOps and cloud-based hosting
- Designing, building, deploying and testing all operational environments and systems/products used by the delivery teams whilst they are in test and production
- Working collaboratively with other DevOps engineers and enterprise infrastructure teams to create strategies and tactics for a Vicinity-wide cloud operational environment design
- Developing scripts and building environments that automate the building, deployment and testing of operational environments
- Driving the team culture, the way it works, collaborates, and the overall outcomes
What will you bring?
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer working in an agile, large-scale, commercial environment
- Experience with the following: AWS, Docker, AMI, Lambda, NodeJS, CI/CD, BuildKite
- Understanding of network topologies, common network protocols and virtual runtime environments and services
- Experience designing and operating high transactional, auto-scaling cloud operating environments which operate systems for: Web systems, data transacting services, messaging systems, databases, API's and mobile environments
- Prior history of developing both monitoring and fault tolerance strategies and practices for systems working within the cloud
- Experience with testing the deployment of a wide range of production systems like; Web, Mobile, Web-Services, Lambda/Cloud functions, Performance testing etc
- Understanding of SDLC principles and the SDLC including agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Continuous Delivery
This role is pivotal in establishing the environment in a new digital squad that is key to the business transformation agenda.
You will contribute to creating a great team culture by role-modelling a collaborative approach to working, offering design and system leadership, encouragement, mentoring and guidance.
As a member of the Vicinity team, you'll be accountable for creating an awesome place to work by delivering experiences that are better, easier and more enjoyable!
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.