We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
At Vicinity Centres, we see our success deriving from enriching our communities, internal and external. We are an Australian owned leading retail investment trust with great brands in our 80+ national shopping centre portfolio such as Chadstone, DFO, and Emporium.
As Vicinity continues its significant transformation journey, further strengthening our business for future growth and innovation, we are seeking an experienced Development Manager to strive for worldbest in class design, built form and customer engagement outcomes. And to leverage those attributes to support the Project Director in positioning Chatswood Chase as a destinational, Instagrammable, 'I can't wait to get back there' and 'memories are made here' asset within our New South Wales real estate portfolio.
In this key support role you will utilise your proven ability to think, plan and problem solve strategically as well as work collaboratively in a team environment. The purpose of this role is to develop and implement the agreed redevelopment strategy for the asset and to drive and deliver the development process from concept stage through all internal and external approvals to final delivery.
What will success look like?
- Preparation of redevelopment proposals
- Contribution to the management of the major tenant strategy across the centre
- Development of project briefs and retail plans
- Monitoring the project's design, technical quality and leasing specifications
- Appointment and management of key stakeholder relationships
- Continuing review and alignment of project financial performance – long-term forecasting, valuations
What will you bring?
- Undergraduate University qualification in Property or a related field.
- High level of initiative and forward planning
- Ability to work autonomously and anticipate the needs of the immediate and broader cross-functional teams
- Senior level experience on large developments
- Solid organisational, communication and computer skills
- Ability to write complex business and technical documents - reports, board papers and detailed letters
- High organizational capability to effectively manage key stakeholders
- Hold strong project management skills and have a proven track record for taking concepts from ideas to implementation
Why would you want to work with us?
At Vicinity Centres we are in the business of real people. The people, who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work for us in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to the transformation of an existing large and very successful Vicinity asset located in one of the most rewarding consumer catchments in the entire country, offering huge scope for development and learning. The role will suit an outstanding communicator with the ability and willingness to work within a team; professional, confident and proactive in your attitude, with a results-focused approach.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.