We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Castle Plaza is a single-level, sub regional shopping centre located approximately 6kms south of Adelaide’s CBD. The centre is anchored by Coles, Target and Foodland plus 53 specialty stores, offering the family-orientered local community an easy everyday shopping experience. Castle Plaza is currently undergoing a refurbishment to further improve its customers’ convenient shopping experience.
Kurralta Central is a sub regional centre located 5kms south-west of the Adelaide CBD in the well-established residential area of Kurralta Park. The centre benefits from its prominent location along the main thoroughfare between the CBD and Adelaide’s south-western suburbs and proximity to the popular beach suburb, Glenelg. The centre is anchored by Kmart and Coles, with an additional eight specialty stores. For young professionals and families, Kurralta Central is a local community hub that delivers a convenient fresh food and everyday shopping experience.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Officer will oversee the centre maintenance (for both Castle Plaza and Kurralta Central) ensuring the Centre Property Maintenance Checklists are updated and that suitably qualified persons are engaged to carry out any maintenance and repairs, all whilst maintaining the highest level of stakeholder engagement.
- Assist with the maintenance of security and access procedures for retailers;
- Maintain retailer services and facilities including loading docks, service yards, compactor and staff toilets;
- Ensure contractors are working as per their contractual obligations;
- Assist with tenancy fit out co-ordination with trades for Lessor works;
- Assist in ensuring the Centre’s daily cleanliness, appearance and safety;
- Assist with emergency procedures as required;
- Complete job sheets generated from customer feedback forms;
- Repair and maintenance of external and internal structure, fixtures and fittings;
- Organise and liaise with contractors with larger scale repair and maintenance works;
- Ensure centre lighting maintained internal and external;
- Being on call for emergencies.
To be successful in this role, you will have a trade background together with good problem solving and communication skills. You will be professional, efficient, responsive and well-presented with knowledge of HVAC, building maintenance, and asset maintenance. Above all, you will present a positive mature approach and a strong customer service focus.
We’re proud of our collaborative team culture and as a member of the Centre management team you will also be required to support the team with any emergency situations that may arise.
At Vicinity, we are in the business of people. The people who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.