We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
DFO South Wharf is a two level Outlet Centre located on the south-western fringe of Melbourne's CBD, adjacent to Docklands. The centre comprises more than 200 tenants including Armani Outlet, sass & bide, Lindt Outlet, Michael Kors and Kate Spade. DFO South Wharf has an exclusive collection of sporting and active apparel outlets with an extensive range of apparel brand names. The adjacent Homemaker Hub comprises over 30 large format stores.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic team player to take on a variety of roles including reception and administration at DFO South Wharf. Reporting to the Retail Manager, this is a critical role in ensuring the centres are managed proficiently whilst providing a positive and helpful attitude towards all internal and external stakeholders.
What will success look like?
- Assist with the general office administration of the centre, including booking meetings and catering as required
- Provide an exceptional customer experience when answering incoming calls and dealing with front desk enquiries
- Assist with the financial requirements of the Centre including debt collections, sales reporting and public liability reporting
- Supporting the marketing team as requested with marketing collateral, centre promotions and community initiatives
What will you bring?
- Willingness to learn, with a proactive nature
- Be passionate about customer service and bring excellent organisational and administration experience, ideally gained within a retail or shopping centre environment
- Advanced level Microsoft skills (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, and intermediate Excel)
- A keen desire to succeed with the ability to demonstrate initiative while maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Thrive in fast-paced environment and embrace the challenge of meeting & greeting customers and answering telephone calls.
We're looking for a proactive, ambitious and 'can do' attitude person who can think beyond the scope of a given task, duties and responsibilities to join our close knit team.
At Vicinity, we are in the business of people. The people who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.