We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
The Enterprise Technology team within Vicinity Centres is responsible for delivering the core systems, data, connectivity and infrastructure to execute a digital transformation strategy. The team provides critical technology functions, enabling the business to be efficient and effective, whilst building and executing on our capability to provide exciting new digital offerings.
We have an exciting, newly created opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our team. You will ensure that Vicinity is on the cutting edge of digital technology and will help us become a data driven algorithmic business. Additionally, you will play an important role in enabling all things data enterprise wide and in architecting and implementing system integration via our API ecosystem and digital platform.
What will success look like?
- Transforming complex structured and un-structured data from disparate sources, into clean and easy to use data sets for internal and external stakeholders
- Working cohesively across departments, and assisting the business with all their data needs
- Data modelling for business intelligence, supplying data sets for analytics & data science
- Exposing API endpoints to customer facing applications and third parties
- Maintaince and support of the entire data platform, including issues diagnoses
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified and have proven, highly developed technical capabilities in the following:
- Commercial programming using python (preferred) or C#.NET
- SQL/data warehousing
- REST API development and building data intensive REST based APIs
- Experience working with JSON objects
- Knowledge of Object Oriented principals
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- One or more server side programming languages
Previous experience with Apigee API Framework, AWS Redshift, Aurora & Kinesis, Salesforce and Tableau will be highly advantageous.
As the successful Data Engineer, you will value best practice methodologies (Kimball dimensional models preferred) have a proven ability to execute multiple projects and tasks in parallel and be a ‘down-to-earth’ team player.
Your highly collaborative style will see you succeed in engaging, influencing and negotiating with stakeholder’s enterprise wide to deliver on business objectives to make work better, easier and more enjoyable.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.