We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
As the Development Safety Manager, you will oversee retail construction projects for the different stages, types and scales of development for Vicinity Centres for a 12 month fixed term period (covering parental leave).
In this very important role based at our Chadstone National Office, you are a key advisor on safety matters within the National Safety Team, partnering with internal and external stakeholders during the course of developments.
What will success look like?
- Maintaining effective safety procedures and processes for all development activities
- Monitoring legislation and standard changes relevant to developments and recommending any changes or updates to procedures and processes
- Providing leadership, advice and practical support on development related safety matters
- Ensuring that any non-conformances identified are closed out for internal and external audits
- Providing timely technical support on safety matters related to developments
- Management of Joint Venture relationships on safety matters related to developments
- Providing safety updates in various development review meetings as required
- Compiling safety reports on development activities as required
What will you bring?
- Thorough knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility in new and complex situations
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence team members and stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and innovation in problem solving
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety, Risk or a related degree highly desirable
- Retail and property industry experience would be advantageous.
Demonstrate your diversity through your strong business partnering approach and overall passion for creating and maintaining a safe and enjoyable work environment for all. You love what you do and are relentless in your pursuit to make things better, easier and more enjoyable!
Due to the nature of the position and the industry in which Vicinity Centres operates, there may be a need to work outside of normal business hours. Any extra hours will be offered back as Time In Lieu.
Some interstate travel required approximately once a quarter/as required.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.