We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
On first impression, you may think Vicinity just owns and manages shopping centres; We do so much more and are investing in a new digital team to help us connect and interact with all our communities; implementing consumer–driven strategies across multiple horizons to help imbed the digital fabric of our organisation.
The success of Vicinity's digital strategy is first and foremost about understanding and partnering with our retailers and ensuring they have the best possible experience through brand new technology.
The Technical Lead is a newly created role responsible for leading and guiding a development team and driving quality product development through technical expertise, leadership, development skills, maintenance and operational support of the systems built within Vicinity Centres' teams.
This is both a hands-on and people leadership role; pivotal in growing team engagement, which will be achieved through your mentoring, technical and career guidance.
What will success look like?
- Providing technical leadership, delivery excellence, and innovation within the team you lead
- Establishing high-quality, repeatable, continually improving development/delivery practices
- Ensuring that every delivery has high build quality with low or no defects; flexible design allowing it to evolve over time without the need for a major refactor, rebuild or replacement; is easily extendable to support systems future changes in requirements and technical/architectural alignment with other systems within Vicinity
- Building systems and services using industry best practices like Agile software development, pair programming, test driven development, automated acceptance testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and DevOps
- Recommending and implementing solutions in accordance with the team's development standards and architectural direction
- Shaping the future of our teams, our digital program, our architecture and the way we deliver product and services
- Building a highly respected and engaged team who understands our consumers' needs, the retailer landscape and our business
- Coaching and mentoring team members in their career, developing their skills and encouraging a strong focus on team member performance through regular feedback and reviews
- Assist in the maintenance, improvement and operational support of delivered systems
What will you bring?
- History of leading a team(s) and delivering in a digital, agile and commercial environment
- Expert understanding of SDLC principles including agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Continuous Delivery
- Deep understanding around the application of design patterns, unit testing, test frameworks, and Cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Demonstrable involvement or engagement with the Development and agile community
This role is pivotal in setting the direction for a new digital squad and is key to the business transformation agenda. As a member of the Vicinity team, you'll be accountable for creating an awesome place to work by delivering experiences that are better, easier and more enjoyable!
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.