Enriching Community Experiences
We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
A 12 month contract position has become available within our Retail Lease Transactions department for an experienced and successful Lease Administrator to work with an assigned portfolio of centres spread throughout Australia. Part time will be considered for this role.
As a Lease Administrator, you will have responsibility for the timely and accurate negotiation, production, execution and registering (where applicable) of leases and related documents and the interpretation and enforcement of lease compliance.
This will require you to instruct, negotiate and finalise leases and associated tenancy documents in a timely manner, as well as provide initial advice on the interpretation of lease documents and retail tenancies legislation. To effectively carry out this role, you will naturally have attention to detail, an understanding of retail legislation, well-developed communication skills and a natural alignment with process-driven activities.
What you will bring?
- Time management skills, in particular efficient management of a high-volume Outlook inbox
- High level communication skills
- Demonstrated English and punctuation, understanding enabling identification of flaws in legal drafting
- Ability to work independently to competing priorities without active oversight
- Skilled at explaining complex issues in simple terms
- Excellent interpretive, analytical and communication skills
- Delivery of commercial outcomes whilst minimising legal and commercial risk to the Vicinity Centres business
What does success look like?
- Experience of negotiating leases – negotiating legal points/clauses - and a strong overall understanding of retail legislation
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a close knit team
- Flexible approach
Overall your ability to work as part of a team combined with a previous working knowledge of the retail leasing regulatory framework will be the key to your success in this role.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.