We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a paralegal to join our legal team at Chadstone on a casual basis. Offered as a three days per week role, this is an intense multi-tasking role which will see your time management capabilities called upon during a high volume delivery period.
Reporting to the Paralegal Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the legal department by providing support to counsel. You will contribute to the growth of the strong reputation of Vicinity Centres' legal team by behaving in a positive and professional manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively to ensure that administrative work tasks are completed to appropriate standards and timeframes
- Respond to queries from centre management in respect of a wide variety of legal issues, elevating to counsel as required
- Ensure that relevant documents comply with the requirements of property management agreements
- Review contracts, credit applications, shopping centre competition terms and conditions, advertising collateral, entry forms etc
- Liaise with external lawyers to ensure work is undertaken in accordance with instructions
- Prepare legal research memorandums
- Maintain various registers (including business names register and trademarks register).
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in a paralegal role, as well as currently be studying a law degree. Strong oral and written communication skills, including confidence in coordinating multiple and varying tasks with conflicting deadlines will be vital to your success in this role. The successful candidate will have a strong ability to manage pressure effectively.
Key competencies include:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on competing priorities
- Strong administrative skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Flexible approach with regards to working environment
- Pro-active approach to work, with the ability to pick up concepts quickly
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
Difference and diversity is what will make us successful, so we are looking for someone with different approaches and innovative ways of thinking and working.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.