We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
We are currently looking for a Research Manager to join our team of data experts and support the development of awesome big picture insights, trends and information from multiple sources. This is a new role that will be significant to our business transformation plan!
It requires a curious thinker who loves to spend as much time thinking about ‘what could be’ as they do about ‘what is’; someone who constantly questions the validity of information to make sure the facts stack up and who is relentless in their pursuit to find ways to make things better, easier and more enjoyable. Our goal is not just to know what our competitors know, but to leap-frog them and know more!
What will success look like?
- Exploring and monitoring industries/sectors/geographies to identify existing and emerging trends whilst implementing best practice
- Compiling and analysing statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Providing expert advice in market research identification, extraction and management methodologies and related fields
- Producing visually appealing reports and dashboards for strategic partners and investors
- Assisting with the development of Customer Satisfaction and Experience metrics and ongoing capture and measurement of performance
- Fostering a consumer centric culture that inspires all our people to become data & insights advocates
- Ensuring robust data and insight processes are adopted and implemented, including integrity/validity of source
What will you bring?
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Research, Statistics, Psychology or related degree
- Research, data or insights management experience with the delivery of reports/insights
- Proven experience to conduct robust, accurate and valid research processes
- Experience producing dashboards/reports and presenting these to stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for research and trends; curiosity to learn, adapt and apply solutions
- A knack for translating complex into clear and simple
- Courage to trial new ways and approaches
We believe our Research Manager to be able to be a curious researcher who loves to explore and ask ‘why’. You will have acute attention to detail and be a team player, good listener and know how to have a little fun along the way.
As a member of the Vicinity team, you’ll also be accountable for creating an awesome place to work.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.