We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Northland Shopping Centre is a major regional shopping centre located approximately 9km north of Melbourne’s CBD. Anchored by Myer, Kmart, Target, Coles, Woolworths, Toys "R" Us as well as Rebel Sport, JB Hi-Fi, Hoyts Cinemas, and more than 250 retailers. The centre’s premium retail mix including Mecca Maxima which caters to a growing family and youth demographic is complimented by a popular outdoor entertainment and dining precinct. The precinct includes six restaurants, a Goodlife Health Club, and an architecturally-designed canopy and state-of-the-art ambient lighting.
The Retail Manager is responsible for developing and delivering the Centre’s retail engagement strategies aimed at increasing retailer engagement, customer experience and maximising net property income and asset valuation.
What does this look like?
- You will develop strong strategic retailer relationships and manage internal and external relationships with customers, suppliers, and local government
- You will be a leader who has capacity to bring others on the journey, influencing for the best overall outcomes
- Planning, budgeting, reporting and retailer debt management
- You will be seen as an industry expert and provide expert insights and knowledge to the broader Vicinity business on your retailer mix, regarding retailer feedback, industry trends and optimum retailer mix
- Working to maximise customer experience, retailer growth and best outcomes for the Vicinity business including the management of escalated customer complaints
- Drive new income opportunities for the centre
What will you bring?
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills to deliver successful retailer interactions each day
- Working knowledge of retail legislation, leases and retail fundamentals
- A sales mindset with the ability to think creatively around the generation of new income opportunities, previous demonstrated sales experience within a shopping centre environment will be highly regarded
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to develop, implement and analyse budgets
- Conflict resolution capabilities to deal with difficult retailers and customers
- Self motivated in regards to the effective management of debt collection
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and across different management disciplines
This is an exceptional opportunity to drive and deliver the retailer engagement strategy at Northland and above all else, an opportunity to work towards the enrichment of Preston’s community experience through the management of a centre where people love to connect.
We’re proud of our collaborative team culture and as a member of the Centre management team, you will also be required to support the team with any emergency situations that may arise.
At Vicinity, we are in the business of people. The people who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.