We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
The collective People & Culture (P&C) vision is to create an awesome place to work. We look for culture contributors; those who are passionate and stand for something greater.
The role of Senior People and Culture Business Partner will partner with their portfolio business unit in what is a transformation phase for Vicinity, helping to evolve culture and support our strategic direction to deliver Better, Easier and More Enjoyable experiences for our customers, clients and business.
We are looking for a senior professional with a commercial outlook who can drive strategic value through the identification of future state business needs and the development of solutions that build our organisational capability.
What will success look like?
- Successful partnership with People Leaders within your portfolio, to understand their commercial imperatives and performance goals, in order to identify and develop value adding and timely P&C solutions
- Active participation in Leadership Team discussions, building commercial understanding, leading people discussions and sharing the P&C agenda
- Active participation in regular key stakeholder discussions, to develop requisite commercial knowledge and to identify opportunities to challenge and influence Strategic Orientation Development of a comprehensive understanding of Business, Functional and P&C strategic plans, to inform all Business Partnering activity
- Building a solid understanding of the strategic trends impacting our business, our customers and our shoppers and identify opportunities to integrate this thinking into P&C solutions Capability Development
- Work proactively with portfolio stakeholders and the OD team to develop the future capability of the workforce.
What will you bring?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications coupled with Human Resource Business Partnering expertise or a relevant commercially focused P&C specialist role with strong influencing, negotiation, leadership and communication skills.
- Highly developed P&C expertise built in complex, diverse stakeholder, commercially focussed environments
- Demonstrated commercial understanding and strong business acumen, in particular a thorough knowledge of the retail environment
- A track record of delivering complex and transformational P&C solutions, with a measurably positive impact on business performance
- Detailed understanding of current and emerging P&C practices and a strong technical P&C skill set covering policy, legislation, remuneration practices, employee relations, organisational design, capability development, employee engagement and performance management
- High levels of personal energy, drive, resilience and strong results orientation
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. We appreciate diversity of experience, background and thought simply because we are committed to supporting new ways of working.