We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
The Social Media Manager forms part of the Marketing Operations team and is responsible for developing and implementing the Vicinity social media strategy and content management framework.
What will success look like?
- Developing an overall strategic plan for how Vicinity engages with an audience through social media
- Ensuring social media is an integrated part of the Vicinity marketing communications activities to enhance campaigns,
- Generating interaction with audiences and positively build the Vicinity brand in line with the brand strategy and ambition
- Developing and managing Vicinity’s content framework for our shopping centres
- Bringing our tone of voice and brand ambition to life and ensuring it is adopted consistently across the organization
- Developing an understanding and capability within our centres by showcasing the use of social media
What will you Bring?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or substantial demonstrated experience working in social media, digital marketing and/or managing content
- Ability to lead social media strategies to support and drive organisational objectives and brand ambition,
- Innovative approaches to the way social media is adopted and applied across the business,
- Ability to forge content maximising relationships and experience in building external content generation programs
- Being a Grammatician at heart who has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Courage to trial new ways, technology and approaches,
- Strategic thinking with a positive can-do attitude who enjoys challenges, working autonomously and bringing clarity to ambiguity
This role is highly engaged with audiences through the existing corporate social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn), and requires involvement with related activities which enhance national or strategic campaigns, generate interaction with audiences and positively builds the Vicinity brand in line. You will in essence be Vicinity’s voice to our social media communities!
We require a creative and audience-centric thinker who lives and breathes social media, has a love for the unique, and is forever curious about how to entertain, surprise and delight our online communities.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. We appreciate diversity of experience, background and thought simply because we are committed to supporting new ways of working.