We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
Karratha City is a single-level sub regional centre located approximately 1,535kms from Perth. The centre is anchored by Coles, Kmart and Woolworths and Target Country, as well as more than 63 specialty stores. The Karratha City is the dominant centre in the area with the closest shopping centre in Port Hedland, more than 200 kms further north. The centre benefits significantly from the region’s localised population focused on iron ore, salt and natural gas industries. Karratha City offers the local residents and families, a city-style, convenient shopping experience and community meeting place.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Officer will oversee the centre maintenance ensuring the Centre Property Maintenance Checklist is updated and that suitably qualified persons are engaged to carry out any maintenance and repairs, all whilst maintaining the highest level of stakeholder engagement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the maintenance of security and access procedures for retailers;
- Maintain retailer services and facilities including loading docks, service yards, compactor and staff toilets;
- Ensure contractors are working as per their contractual obligations;
- Assist with tenancy fit out co-ordination with trades for Lessor works;
- Assist in ensuring the Centre’s daily cleanliness, appearance and safety;
- Assist with emergency procedures as required;
- Complete job sheets generated from customer feedback forms;
- Repair and maintenance of external and internal structure, fixtures and fittings, painting;
- Repair and maintenance of landscaped areas, including mowing and weeds management;
- Support Marketing and CML Operations as needed for set ups (Installation/Dismantle);
- Organise and liaise with contractors with larger scale repair and maintenance works;
- Ensure centre lighting maintained internal and external;
- Complete OHS requirements as required.
- Being on call for emergencies.
To be successful in this role, you will have a trade background together with good problem solving and communication skills. You will be professional, efficient, responsive and well-presented with knowledge of HVAC, building maintenance, and asset maintenance.
Above all, you will present a positive mature approach and a strong customer service focus.
Our Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.